Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kiss and Tell


  • Just saw that I haven't blogged since March...and that it's April 10th already! Happy Birthday to my big sister!!! Time is really flying past me. Been trying to work at least 1 day a week the past few weeks... and once AGAIN, I'm reminded why I stay home. Also reminded that I love my other job too. Will this battle ever end? And Matt has been working even more to make up for all the days we are on vacation(s). Example: if we go out of town for a few days, then he ends up working every single day the rest of the entire month. He doesn't get off days, sick days, vacation days, holidays, you get the idea. So he has been working close to 3 weeks straight = 1 tired mommy who is also trying to squeeze in a few work days. I work 12 hour shifts + 2 hours driving to and from other side of town + 15 min early to open store up + 30 min getting off late b/c people can't pick up their rx's on time = an almost 15 hour work day........

  • My children are melting my heart lately. Last night, MC was saying her prayers (which are usually pretty long and detailed) and she said "Dear God, thank you for your hands and thank you for your heart. Amen." I intepreted that a million different ways in just a few seconds. Tonight, somehow (without telling her) she knew I had a hard day, and said "Mommy, you need a hug before bed?".......well yes I do.

  • And bless Mattox's heart. He likes to kiss his reflection in the glass. And when he's feeling good, he'll pass out "kiss kiss"-es to any lovely lady willing to accept slobber in the process. I have to kiss and tell. He's beginning the separation anxiety phase - and for the moment, I like it. Don't judge. They don't want you all the time when they're older - so I'll take it and be glad while I can. Mad man has the funniest personality and makes me laugh all the time. I was telling him 'no' earlier tonight, and he pointed one finger at me and said "mom-muh, nuh nuh!" Apparently talking back to a parent is hilarious when they are 1... not so funny when are they 3. I couldn't keep a straight face much less yelling at him.

  • Still trying to make exercise a top priority. Unfortunately my house and kitchen have reaped the consequences. Somehow jogged 2 miles straight Saturday. That could be my record. I would love to walk with friends and be able to have a running partner, but I don't think I could focus or make it as far. I like my iPod. I like my headphones. I like my Black Eyed Peas. Loud.

No comments: