Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hit me again!


When you get sleep, you can say that. It has been so nice to get a little sleep lately. I still wake up to pump so I can keep up the milk supply...but Mattox has been sleeping at least 6-8 hours every night this week!! One night he slept 6 - woke up to eat - and slept another 6. Yeah. That's what I'm talking 'bout! I can handle that. Hit me again! But seriously, he is a sweetheart. He loves to snuggle and I could just eat him up!

Today I was on my way to Jackson when a truck rear-ended me. Thank goodness we are all ok. Mati Claire immediately started crying and poor Mattox slept through it...until it got hot, then he started screaming. Its amazing what people will say and do. The driver was drunk without a license. Then they swapped places and lied to the police about who was driving. The cops arrested both of them! Craziness. It reminded me that cars and possessions are just things - they break and they can be fixed. But you can't fix people. I can't replace my kids. Thank the dear sweet Lord for our safety. The lady passenger tried hard to push my buttons to escalate the situation- and she did in a way- and to that I say hit me again. You're going to jail...and I'm going home. You can keep hitting me with your words... but it doesn't change the truth. So I refused to let her get to me.

that's her in handcuffs! this is what hit me!


3 comments:

Sweet T said...

Yay for sleep! And I'm so glad you all were okay in that accident.

Wilson said...

So glad that y'all are okay and that you got some justice.

Anonymous said...

glad you and your babies are safe! Love their outfits! So cute!