Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I would call this past year a tremendous transitional year! Mati Claire transitioned from 2 days a week Mother's Day Out to a 5-day week Preschool...at a different school. Had to make all new friends and teachers. Began ballet. She also transitioned from crib to 'big girl bed' and was potty trained the week of her birthday. But the biggest transition was becoming a big sister. She's really had a huge year. No wonder she's grumpy most of the time. ;) I kid - gotta love the terrible 3's though.
We welcomed baby Mattox in March. It was a rough start, but we have survived. Things are really great as far as schedules and 'getting to know' him. if that makes any sense. He has transitioned from my serious-fussy baby into a little ham-cheeseball. He sleeps all night (yes 12 hours!) and is slowly getting weaned. Poor thing isn't enjoying that change. I am accepting the fact that he is growing up - I have completely planned his first birthday party already. I wish he could stay about 6 months old forever.
I am moving from the nursing old mom back to my 'real self'. I can't wait to get back in the gym (nursing and exercise doesn't work for me) and get back in my favorite jeans. We didn't get to go anywhere this year - so we made several vacation plans next year!!!!!!!!! I also went from thinking I could never love another child as much as the first, to absolutely proving myself wrong. Went from thinking that I was completely happy with 1 child to thinking I want about a dozen now. I also found a reignition of my faith. This was huge for me this year. Transitioned from a routine 'lets get this over with' church going Christian - to an 'on fire'- inspired - God fearing - and God loving Christian. Just when I thought I didn't have time to do anything else except care for a newborn, God has made alot of changes in me.
Matt's year hasn't really changed that much only if you can add more work to it. If that was even possible...he found a way. He works A. LOT. But he is becoming a DEACON this weekend. I am so proud of him...(and who would have ever thunk it ;) ???) He is the best person I have ever met and is truly my better half.
So! Happy New Year to everyone! We have a fun-filled year planned already. But I can not start it until this house is cleaned up...
Monday, December 27, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
"And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?"
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Next year I will be better prepared...I didn't realize it was such a production! They were ADORABLE! My little indian, Princess Sunflower, did pretty good for her first program!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
redeem \ri-dem\ 1. to change for the better 2. to remove what distresses 3. to extricate from or to help overcome something detrimental.
Yes, redemption is nice. Don't get me wrong, Mattox has his bad hair days too....but SO FAR its not near as bad. I still have to wet it down and absolutely not touch it until it completely dries, but still way better. Of course, it may "turn" on me in the future according to the in-laws. But my mind went straight to this picture earlier today when I caught MC brushing Mattox's hair. She's already pretending he's her doll... at least he had on camo.
Also, Mattox's eating habits are WAY better. And I've come to realize that I wouldn't have appreciated the simple things in life like that (i.e. a good eater) until you don't have one! I have to tell MC to eat every bite she has ever eaten in her life. I find that strange. You would think a person would WANT to eat... nope, not her. But now Mattox will eat everything in sight.... in seconds! Redemption again. Now someone might think I'm trash talking MC - on the contrary. They can't all be good sleepers like MC. I've come to appreciate her sleeping habits even more!
Here's a few mental notes I've been making the last few days for my Christmas list:
- Twilight Eclipse DVD. It should be coming out any day now. Feel free to laugh it up... you know you like it too.
- LV purse. Hey. A girl can dream right?
- Patience. Can anyone transfer that and sleep over to me? Still dreaming I guess.
- New ta-ta's. Well, after breastfeeding 2 babies mine are just aged and like old tires: worn the slap out.
- Gray Ugg boots. any style will do. Size 9 to be specific.
- New perfume. not picky. ask matt what he would like to smell.
- New earphones for my iPod. They have cute ones at Walmart for cheap.
- Drying rack. I find myself draping clothes over odd things around the house to dry.
- Steamer. for clothes and such. I am still borrowing one from a friend and I love it!
- Gift cards for a new computer. BestBuy I guess. We need a new one bad!
- New tennis shoes. Probably New Balance. Again Size 9. Bought a pair of Nike's and I have had knee problems ever since. I wear my old worn out NB's and I feel fine!
- This list is pretty insane. I won't get any of it, but I'm dreaming aloud.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
MC also has been coming home with a few firsts. First time to get hit by a 'friend' on the playground, first time to make play-dough, and first time to have to share her toys with her little bother oops i mean brother. Now that he's mobile, the toys are up for grab!!! lol I feel like I am always having these 'grown-up' talks with her lately. Where did my little girl go? She missed the western day at school, so I let her wear the outfit to Miss Sarah's birthday party.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Some of yall may already know about all this, but its just been so amazing that I have to share. This study is unlike her others: there's hardly any homework! Some though. And I have learned SO much that it would take me days to talk about it. So if you get the chance, please do it! It really shows you just how big our God is. I'm not even through with it yet, but it has explained pretty much the entire Bible (in a way). I get chills every Wednesday morning when I learn something new about how much God loves us. I am just on fire, and want to spend every minute reading something new now.
On a side note, I have like 3 Bibles....but I always end up stealing Matt's. I like his. So my sweet hubby went today and bought one JUST like his today and................wait.................its PINK!! Oh I'm so excited!!!! He's the best!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Payton's 4th Birthday Party at Pump-It-Up :
MC rockin' her party gear! Sitting with her sweet cousin Kendall
She doesn't understand that most of the fun happens INSIDE the jumps, not just at the door.
Oh my goodness! Mattox and one of his first "girlfriends", Miss Hadley! They are about a month apart.
Winborne's Annual Halloween Party :
For some reason, MC has a total meltdown during this part of the party every year.
Such a sweetie. He behaved SO well! guess he had to pick up the slack where sister was failing at good behavior.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Its been busy with as many field trips packed in as we can and as many trips as I can make to Hobby Lobby in a month! Really. I'm tired. However, I've learned alot of new things:
1. Never - EVER - give Mattox sweet potatoes. Ever again. He will be awake all night long with a tummy ache. 3 times you're out. never again.
2. Never give your credit card to your mother...she will lose it and force you to cancel the card. ha! love you mom. no worries...its all ok.
3. Never stand too close to a goat that you're feeding. He will try to eat the food AND you. Don't worry, MC is a little traumatized by goats now.
4. How to make a diaper stack cake thingy. See pic. Its still a work in progress, but I think its a good start.
5. Pistols are wonderful. Cajun pistols at the Canton Flea Market: shrimp, crab, and crawfish drowned in a cajun cheese sauce stuffed into a bread pistolette and then FRIED. To die for. Everyone should try one before they die. Or three.
6. I've learned to have patience. Mattox had his eye appointment this past Wednesday for his blocked tear ducts. Matt and I have decided to wait it out until he turns 1. Long story short, we don't want to put him through surgery over an elective problem. His vision is great however. Dr. McVey has inspired me to take MC in for her first eye checkup too.
7. Never use Pyrex cookware ever again. I have had 2 casserole dishes break either in my oven or on my stove after taking them out of the oven. guess i'm just a terrible cook!
8. Never ever wash a diaper in the washing machine. It makes for an awful mess.
9. I RE-learned why I quit my job at a pharmacy. I can't learn to say no.
aaaand #10. Top thing that I've learned in the last 2 weeks: GPS systems don't work!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
I know yall are tired of seeing these peeps, but I have to say I never get tired of looking at 'em! (except at 5:00 everyday). We are getting over a virus or flu-like symptoms this week. I was still running fever this morning...I haven't felt that bad in years! I hate it because we are missing all the beautiful weather! Matt has been an enormous help! He takes MC to school every morning, grocery shops, and even cleaned the kitchen! All so I could sleep.
And I would love to tell you all the crazy things MC has been saying lately, but that would take too much time. Let me just say that kids say the darndest things. She amazes me everyday with her innocent/honest/sarcastic/practical answers. I just have to laugh when she answers me correctly (but not quite the answer I was looking for). She has learned her ABC's finally! But she loves to repeat them over and over - seriously, all day long.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Matt and MC's teacher, Mrs. Courtney. Mrs. Courtney doesn't know it, but she goes EVERYWHERE with us. "Mrs. Courtney come too?"