Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mental Notes

Who remembers this???






redeem \ri-dem\ 1. to change for the better 2. to remove what distresses 3. to extricate from or to help overcome something detrimental.

Yes, redemption is nice. Don't get me wrong, Mattox has his bad hair days too....but SO FAR its not near as bad. I still have to wet it down and absolutely not touch it until it completely dries, but still way better. Of course, it may "turn" on me in the future according to the in-laws. But my mind went straight to this picture earlier today when I caught MC brushing Mattox's hair. She's already pretending he's her doll... at least he had on camo.

Also, Mattox's eating habits are WAY better. And I've come to realize that I wouldn't have appreciated the simple things in life like that (i.e. a good eater) until you don't have one! I have to tell MC to eat every bite she has ever eaten in her life. I find that strange. You would think a person would WANT to eat... nope, not her. But now Mattox will eat everything in sight.... in seconds! Redemption again. Now someone might think I'm trash talking MC - on the contrary. They can't all be good sleepers like MC. I've come to appreciate her sleeping habits even more!

Here's a few mental notes I've been making the last few days for my Christmas list:

  1. Twilight Eclipse DVD. It should be coming out any day now. Feel free to laugh it up... you know you like it too.
  2. LV purse. Hey. A girl can dream right?
  3. Patience. Can anyone transfer that and sleep over to me? Still dreaming I guess.
  4. New ta-ta's. Well, after breastfeeding 2 babies mine are just aged and like old tires: worn the slap out.
  5. Gray Ugg boots. any style will do. Size 9 to be specific.
  6. New perfume. not picky. ask matt what he would like to smell.
  7. New earphones for my iPod. They have cute ones at Walmart for cheap.
  8. Drying rack. I find myself draping clothes over odd things around the house to dry.
  9. Steamer. for clothes and such. I am still borrowing one from a friend and I love it!
  10. Gift cards for a new computer. BestBuy I guess. We need a new one bad!
  11. New tennis shoes. Probably New Balance. Again Size 9. Bought a pair of Nike's and I have had knee problems ever since. I wear my old worn out NB's and I feel fine!
  12. This list is pretty insane. I won't get any of it, but I'm dreaming aloud.
What's on your Christmas list???

3 comments:

Sarah Broadus said...

Here is mine: http://toddnsarahnmadysonnaubrie.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-time-is-near.html

I like your #4!

Tyanne said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!! I need a pair of #4 too....not seeing it in my future though!!

Heather..your sister. said...

I've always needed a pair of #4. Even before babies. Heck..in my opinion...sagging is better than nothing at all. However, I'm not really into the idea of being unnecessarily CUT ON. Scars are not my cup of tea...not to mention that unless I lie about the blood clot in my history..no doctor alive is going to agree to do elective surgery on me. And any surgery I ever have...I'm going to DEMAND to be on coumadin for a LONG LONG time afterwards!! So..no boobs in my future either. nor the lipo/tummy tuck I'd take first.