Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Catching Up

Playing catch up here.

Yes, everything is still going great after my surgery.  My sister had it done yesterday as well!  She is handling the post-surgery better than me!  But yes, definitely worth it!

We had our annual Halloween Miley Mash a few weeks ago.  I think this is the first year that is did not rain!!! We had a huge turnout with around 60 people.  But I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Apparently Matt doesn't own a brown shirt like we thought when I passed over the Chewbacca outfit.
I want to kiss his lips off!  Oh how I love this sweet baby (even if he wasn't a fan of being Yoda)
We dubbed him the "Santa Claus" of Halloween! He rocked as Willy Wonka!!! (see pic below)
the sweetest ladies ever!!!


trouble trouble. and more trouble! ;) i'm kidding, yall!  I love these boys like my own!
Princess Elena of Avalor!
I mean, it doesn't get any better than THIS!!!! We should ALL take notes!
White cotton candy!  I heart Etsy!
The reason we did Star Wars this year.  Darth wasn't having any other costume this year. 
my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE addition to my decorations this year!! She is something fierce for a wreath!


a few more new additions. 
I may have to go back and get some more of these trees!  

I wrapped up Eastside's Fundraiser just in time for Clinton Park's to begin!  Lesson learned, do not volunteer to chair TWO fundraisers ever again.  They have had my attention and every spare minute since school started and I'm tired!  But the good news is that Clinton Park's will be done as of December 15th and the PTO probably won't see me next semester at EITHER school!  I'm "off" as of Christmas break!  Nope-- you won't even see me at a meeting next semester!

We went to visit my family for a few days when we got out for Thanksgiving break.  Mati Claire has been begging us to take her to a UT game.  Of course I picked the absolute COLDEST game they've had all year.  Seriously, 20-30 degrees and windy!  We went prepared and had a great time though.  It was a good game.  Analyzers got mad because people started leaving after halftime... maybe some of it was due to the fact that FL beat LSU, but I'm willing to bet that it was because they didn't come dressed appropriately and it.was.freezing!!!!!  But worth it to experience the kids' first college game with them and make it memorable!  I bet they won't ever forget it!





NOT a FAN of the COLD, but a FAN of the VOLS!



So here we are at Thanksgiving.  What are we thankful this year?

  • Thankful we have a roof over our heads.  
  • The grandmothers are still with us (except the one I never met on Matt's side).  My Mamaw, Gan-Gan, Matt's Granny, Gigi, and Nana.  As tragic as 2016 was for so many people, we have been lucky and blessed.  
  • Poppy is still with us.  Praises to God!  I know He heard our prayers. 
  • Health and safety.  Just watching the news will make you want to never leave your house.  We were in Tennessee when the news hit of the Chattanooga school bus driver that wrecked the bus killing 6 children in the process.  We've had so many friends be diagnosed with cancer this year.  Or continuing to battle cancer this year.  2016 felt like the Grim Reaper was upon everyone.  Again, we are thankful for our family's health and safety during travel.  I want to wrap my kids up in a bubble and never let them out! ;)



post signature

No comments: