Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Two


While changing MC's diaper first thing this morning, she said "I Too!" At first, I thought she was saying maybe "I tooted" but she didn't...then it dawned on me the way she said it. "I Two!!!" She was completely copying Kennedy from last week. It only took her a week after they left but she was so enthusiastic about it. "I two! I two!"


So to get some sanity this morning, I called upon Rachel to babysit for a few hours. I'm driving around town, just laughing at the thought of "I two!" If only I was that enthusiastic about turning 30 next month. You don't hear me screaming "I thirty! I thirty!" I feel every bit of 30 and look more like my 40's. I've been having dreams of my teeth falling out. I researched this online, and every site I found agreed that it meant I had a fear of getting older and/or I was reaching a milestone birthday! How weird is that? True though.


Commenting on Sara's blog, "I too" am saying NO tonight. We had planned all week on going to the Clinton Christmas parade tonight...the cold outside won. I HATE the cold. And I figured MC would wind up sick then we would miss out on next Saturday's events and our trip to Tennessee. We have been SO busy the last few weeks and MC is either teething or hitting a growth spurt - therefore sleeping alot! But who's complaining?


So I plan to stay in tonight and get the last of the gifts wrapped and I made a trial-run of the cookies for next week's Cookie Swap: Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookie Drops! Delicious - the ER staff will love these tonight since they aren't on my diet!


Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup veg. oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of mint-flavored morsels (I used Andes mint baking chips).

Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs (one at a time mixing after each). Blend in vanilla, and gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in choc/mint morsels. Shape spoonfuls into rounded balls. Roll in colored sugar or regular sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes and cool.


3 comments:

Tyanne said...

YUM! Those look really good, I can't wait for the swap!

Wilson said...

Yummy to my tummy! Too bad I am on a weight loss kick too! 17 lbs down and a lot more to go!

Sweet T said...

30 isn't so bad. I still 'feel' like I'm in my 20's so that's all that counts! (Although, "time is marchin' across my face".)