Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8/9



My sweetheart turned 2 today. It has been a wonderful day. I gave her my full attention ALL DAY! I let her sleep late...ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A...made taco soup for dinner...and cupcakes! The only fit she threw was when Matt and I sang 'Happy Birthday' to her! Oh well, I would probably cry too if I had to hear my singing.



Here's my nerd moment for the day: I thought it was weird that Matt and I got married on 6/5/04. I got an email telling us how today would not happen again for a century I think: at 12:34 and 56 seconds on 7/8/9...it uses every number in sequence. Pretty neat since its her birthday too. Special day all around. And we watch ALOT of Sprout TV here, so I sent her name in the other day. They announced it on TV tonight! We have tried so many times (last year and with my nieces) and they finally put it on there! Yay! It is hilarious when she says "I toot" MEANING "I'm cute!" I guess when you tell her that often enough it sticks. Happy Birthday, squirt!

4 comments:

Tyanne said...

That's so cute! Sam keeps asking me to send his Bday into sprout so that they will say his name on tv...guess i will have to!! Give MC a kiss for me and tell her happy bday!

Wilson said...

Hope she had a great one!

Tiffany Brooks said...

hey there. our anniversary was 6/5/04 too. fun! i now remember that james couldn't come to our wedding cuz he was in another one. yalls!!! drew and james are first cousins. mati claire's party looked so cute. love that cake.

The Funny Farm said...

This is the best party idea! I really think I am going to steal it! Who made that terrific cake?