Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boston, Baby, and Blow-Outs!


Eating lobster at Legal Sea Foods. One of my favorite restaurants there.

Well we are back from Boston! I liked it but it was very cold and windy. I think I would have liked it better if I wasn't pregnant... wasn't ready for all the walking, the cold, crazy cab drivers making me car sick, and the smell of seafood in the air. We didn't get to do alot of sight-seeing, but managed to squeeze in a one-hour tour. LOTS of history there. I shopped with my friend, Sherry, while the hubbys were in conference. I scored a GORGEOUS new diaper bag that I can't wait to use. We spent the rest of the time with co-workers and dining out.


Looking down from the top floor of a 4-story aquarium. Amazing in person.


Shopping on Newbury Street. Stores looked like townhouses.


This was my dessert at dinner one night. A chocolate cake (ice cream on right) drizzled with GOLD. Not sure what the gold was made of but it was the neatest looking dessert I've ever had. It looked like liquid gold.


We were only home 1 day, and Mati Claire woke up this morning with vomiting and diarrhea. No fever! Someone explain that. She seems to be fine in between episodes. Not sure what it is.
Most of you saw this on Facebook, but prepare yourselves if you didn't. We have picked out a name! Mattox William Wesley Miley! Yes, 4 names. William is my Dad's and grandfather's name, Wesley is Matt's Dad and grandfather's name. But we still wanted him to have a name of his own. I like it spelled Maddox, but Matt is insisting on Mattox with a T. We are contemplating hyphenating the middle names, William-Wesley, if it makes the birth certificate or legal documents any easier in the future. I wasn't sure about 4 names, but monogramming still works since the middle initial will be W. So for anyone buying Christmas gifts or baby gifts, you can still use MWM or MMW. What's even weirder, is that William and Wesley are both the names our Dad's DON'T use. Weird how it works out that way. I am beginning to feel like George Foreman with 3 Matt's in the house. We'll have Matt, Mati, and 'Matt'ox. Honestly, this was NOT planned.

Here are a few pictures. I have to get back to cleaning up vomit and doing laundry! ha!

1 comment:

Tyanne said...

Can't wait to see the diaper bag. If MC is feeling better we should go baby shopping Tues while the girls are otherwise occupied if you feel like it. Glad you had a good time!