Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Monday, October 21, 2013

over october

busy is an understatement.  more like overwhelmed.  october is ALWAYS my busiest month of the year.  and usually our sickest month.  to sum up the last 3 weeks as quickly as possible:

soccer, ballet, MS State Fair for Nana's birthday, Yankee Candle Fundraising at MC's school (for 850 students), Halloween/Fall Festival school related activities, field trips to the Pumpkin Patch, field trips to the local fire stations (both stations to be exact),  I started Advocare's 24 day Challenge.... jury is still out on my overall opinion on that,  Merritt got her 1 year shots that were delayed to her 15 month checkup = f.u.s.s.y for 2 weeks, stomach bug for Mattox = cleaning up vomit and doing laundry all night long, 50's Day coke floats delivered to school, Fundraiser parties, unloading 6 pallets of Fundraiser boxes and dividing them by teacher, dealing with the non-stop questions and complaints of people associated with Fundraiser (some people don't know the definition of the word deadline), planning/painting the plan for Mattox's preschool Trunk-or-Treat, working on Halloween costumes, birthday parties, working on/planning/carrying out my own Halloween Party, doing a little early Christmas shopping in the few and far between moments that I find myself without the older 2 kids, taking Christmas Card pictures, dermatologist appointments because my scar is not healing and/or healing properly, trip to the dentist and MC walking out missing 2 first teeth, Tooth Fairy going into shock and overload at a moment's notice had to pull out the magic and bring on the Glitter and Gold, carpooling to extracurricular activities, trying to squeeze in a little fall TV shows and football, and Matt working out of town for a few days leaves me as a single mom, not to mention the regular household chores that are not getting done except washing dishes perhaps........... i.am.over.october...   

In the middle of all that I find myself trying to hold on and treasure the sweet and precious moments.  I hope these images are burned in my brain.  well my brain is on overload, so I put them here for now.
First trophy -- and well earned!
Having fun with Daddy at the Fair

Because our school is awesome!  
Permanent teeth not pushing the baby teeth out = we love our pediatric dentist, Dr. Susan!
Someone make this girl stop growing please.  I cried shortly after this pic was taken.
Because Tallulah the Tooth Fairy rocks!  MC dug the glitter I sprinkled on the wet stamp ink... and gold dollar coins.  Truvy the Tooth Fairy is on stand-by for Mattox.   
post signature

No comments: