Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A "Mickey Day-Day"





My niece, Kerigan, turned 4 this year. At her 3 year old birthday party last year, we were all coming home from the hospital after I had MC. She wanted a Mickey Mouse birthday party. Being 3, she called it her "Mickey Day-Day." And the name has stuck. We had sort of a Mickey Day-Day this weekend. Just a fun-filled day visiting with friends and family!

We missed our planned trip to the Nichols-Boyd Pumpkin Patch Friday morning due to the rain and MC still not feeling well. Hopefully we will get to go sometime this week. My parents are still here helping me out around the house. Gotta love parents.

Little miracle Landry man celebrated his 1st birthday Saturday! He is precious and had a great time eating his cake! MC loves to socialize so despite no nap, she still had a great time. Everyone was surprised when Elmo and MickeyMouse showed up! Most of the kids were terrified, but MC admired them from a distance. Up close you can see her reaction in the pictures!

Off to Vicksburg! Mom went with MC and I to Jena's wedding. I LOVE fall weddings. The colors and flowers are serene and gorgeous. MC wanted to clap through the entire ceremony, so Mom took her "ah-side" for awhile. I got to catch up with one of my best friends in the world, JOY, and I got to meet her 3 beautiful girls! If I had to do my wedding over, I think I would have had it in October. The weather couldn't have been more pleasing as well.

I hope everyone is having a Mickey Day-Day sort of day!








1 comment:

Wilson said...

It's amazing how traumatic those big animals can be to kids.