Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Panic at the Disco

Is it time to panic yet? Mattox has NO nursery yet. But I have to get Mati Claire OUT of her room and upstairs before I can move him IN. And he will be here in 8-9 weeks. So I'm on a mission this week and next. Not only do I have to decide on her "big girl" room but also the bathroom that they will eventually share. We have a 'jack-and-jill' bathroom upstairs and how do you coordinate girl/boy matching bathroom decor? Still searching.

So I've cleaned out MC's future closet: Yes, that's not even all of it. And that's just clothes.



Baby steps doesn't even begin to describe how slow her room is progressing. She has no furniture AT THE MOMENT since Mattox is inheriting her old furniture. Furniture is still up for debate. MC is still in HER crib - not his.



Then the real pressure set in. After cleaning out the 'baby closet' the other day, I came across this:



Is this not the scariest picture in the world? If that doesn't bring home panic I don't know what will. Except maybe a picture of my breastpump. I keep it in clear view at all times to remind me that he will be here SOON and for me to get off the couch and do something about it. I began nesting last week. That is one of the funniest things about pregnancy to me. I scrub my shower every day...like cleaning it with bleach and 2 heavy duty scrub brushes. I cleaned out the mother of all baby closets. If anyone is having a garage sale in the future (like this summer maybe) please let me know and I will join you! To add more panic, I have 2 trips to Brookhaven planned and I can't cope with all this stress without some sugar in my diet!!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

If you plan on selling any of those cute girl clothes in that garage sale- don't do it! I will gladly look through and buy some of MC's baby clothes if you haven't gotten rid of them. Let me know if you are interested!

Taylor & Krisa said...

Bless your heart! Pregnant women shouldn't have to deprive themselves of sugar - it's just wrong!

The Funny Farm said...

OMG, the baby seat! So heavy, yet so practical...At least they are stylish as baby gear can get.