Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Friday, March 7, 2014

Mattox-Man

On one hand, Mattox gets ALL the attention because he is ALL boy, ONLY boy, and ALL Mr. Destructor.  On the other hand, I feel like he gets overlooked being the middle child.  He is normally (trust me not always) very laid back, very easy to please, easy to get along with (if you take his age into account), goes along with whatever is going on, and is extremely shy!

Of all my kids though… I wish this little boy would just STOP growing up.  I absolutely adore him being 3 years old.  Yes, he drives me insane most days… but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Because he is the biggest sweetheart e.v.e.r.

Some of the MANY things I love about him:

  • I still love his birthmark.  Its hidden, but noticeable if you are paying attention.  Depending on his need for a haircut.  
  • He tells me I smell like brownies.  Melts.my.heart.  (and no, I don't cook brownies all the time)
  • Despite his OCD, I love it at the same time.  He likes order.  He likes clean.  He has "his own way" of doing things.  And I totally get that.  But also loves a good dirt/mud pile! 
  • He doesn't mind having 2 sisters.  Not that he has a choice.  But he says "momma, I love being the only boy!"  He does LOVE his older sister though.  Definitely looks up to her.
  • When the girl hormones are raging at our house and the drama is flying high… he is ALL boy and shrugs it off… he can handle it!  hmmm… maybe he'll make a good husband one day.
  • Asks me almost every day, "Are you happy now?"    I don't know where or how that got started, but sometimes I think he's asking a rhetorical question and sometimes he's asking a literal question.  I never know with him.  Are you happy now?  It never fails to stop me in my tracks and pause.  Stop and smell the roses so to speak.  And I ALWAYS answer "I'm always happy when I'm with you!"
  • He's so down to earth.  Again, when the emotions are high, he's brings me back down to earth in a good way (not in a depressing pessimistic way but in a "mommy you are upset so I'm gonna pass gas and make you laugh til you cry" kind of way!)  
  • "I see you waiter"  = I see you later
  • "camo camo"  = camouflage 
  • "a wadadum" = a lot of them
  • "bwood" = blood  (i.e.  "mom, I have all my bwood today…its not weaking out!")
  • He's my only child that likes to snuggle with me on the couch.  Wouldn't trade those moments for the world.
Happy 4th Birthday, Mattox!  According to him though --- its just one more number closer to five!  He can't wait to turn 5.  Slow down there bud.  I thoroughly enjoyed 3.

We celebrated at his preschool today since they will be on Spring Break next week, and his only request on his actual birthday Sunday is to go to Chuck E. Cheese with his best friend, Matthew.  As you wish, son. 

Superhero cupcakes for his class party!
So shy while we sang.  
Spider-Man, Super-Man, Iron-Man, and Mad-Man! 
He chose the "Hulk" cupcake (when I really tried to persuade him to pick the Fantastic Four!)

post signature

No comments: