Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, March 20, 2011

San Antonio

Well, our mini-vaca/Christmas present didn't go as well as planned. Mati Claire and Mattox both had the stomach bug last week and then passed it to me!!! We left the kids with Mom and Dad so we could go to San Antonio. The day we left, I felt sick - but I ALWAYS feel sick because I HATE. To. Fly. I would throw-up on a normal flight. So I brushed it off and felt fine later. Had a blast at the BonJovi concert. Oh my goodness he is awesome. That was on my bucket list. 7:30 the next morning I woke up with a bang! I haven't had a stomach bug since I was a kid!!! Unreal. Luckily, we didn't have anything planned but a dinner reservation.The line to the Alamo was wrapped around the block, so we settled for just walking by it. Matt went to the pharmacy for me and loaded me up with Zofran, Dramamine, Gatorade, water, and crackers. I ate 5 crackers all day. And I literally stayed in the bed for over 24 hours. I'm okay with Zofran, so we decided to venture out and see the famous Riverwalk. Can you believe I did not shop? Didn't really eat out or sight-see? Unbelievable. I only had the strength to walk around for about 3 hours then I needed a nap. This bug zaps your energy! So we made it to the Spurs game! Row 5 BABY!!! Matt and I LOVE going to basketball games! So! There is no telling how many people I infected with this virus while I was there - and for that I apologize. But there was no way I was missing that. We made it home and the kids are alright. Ha! Sounds like the movie title.

Our ride to the AT&T center - we just happened to be standing at the right place at the right time for this!! B/c I certainly didn't plan that!! And our view of the fans!


I. Heart. BonJovi.


On the Riverwalk.


At the Spurs vs. Bobcats


Merry Christmas, Matt!!!! Sorry you had to babysit me.

No comments: