Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The fun stuff

The past 2 weeks:  No doctor appointments, no news to share, no drama (except from Mati Claire)......  just enjoying being somewhat of a "normal" pregnant person.  Its been nice to not think about our struggles ahead (or even the ones we've been through).  I went on a much needed girls night out to see a great movie chick flick:  The Lucky One.  Loooovvvved it!!!!!!!  I was actually glad I didn't read the book because I had no idea what was going to happen.

I have put off buying anything for Merritt, simply because I didn't know if I would even need it - and I'm not talking about Mati Claire's hand-me-downs.  So I took the plunge this week and ordered new bedding and her rocking chair.   MC threw up on her crib bumper so many times it is impossible and disgusting to reuse.

I'm self-conscious that if you see me eating the most fattening, high calorie, non-nutritious food = DO.NOT.JUDGE.PLEASE.  I am hoping Merritt will be the fattest little baby I know = more room for those organs to go back in.  Not sure if I'm on the right track of thinking, but since she will have feeding issues later, I'm trying to get her as big as possible now knowing that she will lose alot of weight later.  I eat and eat and eat some more... and I don't really feel guilty about it! lol!!! Yeah that's what I call fun!

Here is a pic of her nursery bedding/colors but with a brown crib.  I realized the other day that I only have around 11 weeks left!  Food + shopping + movies = too much fun for this preggo! ;)

I will brag on Mattox this week.  He has been such an angel lately.  I KNOW that will change, but its nice to have 1 that behaves when the other is not.  God truly gives you what you can handle.  He is the sweetest, funniest, most loving little boy!  Thanks for the pic, Miss Rachel!  We also have to register Mati Claire for Kindergarten next week **sniff sniff** but after our field trip tour she is SOOOO excited to be going.  I can't be sad when she's that excited!  If she's happy, I'm happy!


Daddy's Caddy!
I went to the last session of Beth Moore's study "He Is" the other day.  Awesome! We talked about why we are surprised when a season of despair hits us.  She talked about Elijah in 1Kings.  It was amazing.  I highly recommend it (4 session study with no homework) if you are experiencing trials or trouble (or even if you're not).  I would write my notes out for you, but I'm afraid I would be infringing on some copyright or something.  Elijah felt like he was the only one and people were trying to kill him (1Kings 19).  He was addicted to the spectacular and he was full of pride.  God basically told him 'you're not the only person in this world' = get over yourself!  We get over confident in ourselves and then we're shocked when something bad happens.  Elijah had defeated so many huge obstacles in his life, and was then complaining to God about a woman... thinking he might die.  We forget what God has brought us through in the past, and wonder how will we ever get through this next phase?  God asked Elijah, "What are you doing here???"  How are you here if you know He is with you?  Have some faith!  (1 Cor 10:13, 1 Peter 5:9)  I felt like God was screaming at me (in a good way)!  I think about the times He has shown Himself to me:  He saved me from a few car wrecks, he covered us when I blew up a kitchen while babysitting (don't ask), He pulled us through a scary delivery with Mati Claire, He whispered in my ear when I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing, how he orchestrated mine and Matt's relationship... He has repeatedly shown Himself to me... and He is still with me through Merritt.  None of those experiences could be explained any other way except through God's presence. Our God is an awesome God!  

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus... "  Hebrews 12:1 

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Carrie,

Just noticed I had a new follower on our blog (Peek In Our World) and it brought me to your's. I've been getting all caught up with Merritt. Eleven weeks - how exciting but overwhelming at the same time! Please know we'll keep you ALL in our prayers over the next few weeks and if you have any questions or just need some moral support from someone who's been there, don't hesitate to reach out! Keep leaning on the Lord and keep strong in your faith. There is a plan and a purpose!

- Brooke (Harper's mom)

Pamela said...

GIRL!! Just eat it!! hahahha! I don't blame you a bit!! Wish I still had that freedom! LOL

bloger said...

I have been looking for the Nurseryworks Sleepytime rocker, but its not listed on modern tots for $540, did Sara get the sample at the store for $540 or the website had it listed for 40%? Please help
Nursery Bedding,Crib Bedding, Baby Bedding

Erin said...

I remember that baby-sitting incident! Just think, those kids are JUST fine and getting ready to graduate! I remember how freaked out you were but it was good for this Monday morning laugh! Ah, memories.