Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Appt

Another day, another appointment, another ultrasound.  N.E.V.E.R. thought I would say this (because I truly love seeing baby girl on the screen) but I am tired of sonograms.  There.  I said it.  Granted, she always puts a smile on my face when I see her... but looking at a heart for about 1 hr or kidneys or arteries and valves or bladder or measuring bones... I actually got bored today.  Then all I heard from the sonographer, resident/fellow, and Dr. B is how she doesn't cooperate and show her face.  Well, I understand.  I am really tired of cooperating myself.  I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours before being seen!! At least I got to catch up on Rachael Ray and The Young and the Restless.

Miss Merritt loves drinking the "fluid" which I think is gross.  But she opened her eyes for us today and is looking pretty good all things considered.  The O sac (measuring at the base) is 3.8 cm so its grown a little in size.  Stomach is still "in" as of today.   She is still measuring 12-14 days behind - but that is strictly because of the O and her abdomen measurement.  Her head, legs, and arms all measure within a few days of where I am (26wks4days).   Dr. B wants me to see the cardiologist again (Dr. S) and perhaps repeat the echo.  He was concerned about something he saw but told me not to lose any sleep over it.  I think I can handle that! ;)

Mati Claire has been having some behavioral issues for the past few weeks (major fits and tantrums every single day).  After the zoo field trip, I thought about leaving her as a free donation to the tiger exhibit.  I'm talking crazy child = not my child. I have had to physically drag or carry her out of places lately kicking and screaming and pulling my clothes.  Spankings, time outs, fun activities taken away, you name it!  Seriously, my 2 year old acts better than this!  First I chalked it up to a growth spurt... then just being exhausted... then I thought perhaps an early jealousy phase over new baby or new onset jealousy over Mattox... then I thought about her diet!  This past Monday, I cut out all her extra sugar, junk food, and juice boxes/Capri Suns.  She doesn't really eat that much stuff anyway, and didn't think that was the culprit.  Figured it was worth a try.  She threw 1 fit that wasn't all bad in comparison to the past few weeks, and hasn't thrown a fit in 2 1/2 days now!  And I also moved her bedtime back up.  We shall see how this continues... looking back, I guess I had become way too lenient with her.  I'm back to being 'bad cop' now! ;)  We registered her for KINDERGARTEN yesterday.  I had my reservations about the school in general (mainly because I did not go there myself) but after recognizing over half of the crowd, I felt much better!  It was like church peeps met preschool friends met ballet met people we knew from college meeting family peeps meeting all new friends!  Plus its a relief to know a few teachers already.  Overall, we are both super excited about this fall!!!!









No comments: