Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Update #52391028

I kid.  And I imagine this certainly won't be the last update on sweet Merritt either.  Not a clear picture, but I usually take my favorite pics with my phone with horrible lighting.  But alas...I spend alot of time staring at this face right here:


Good news!  The spots on her face disappeared over night.  We still aren't sure what they were.  But hallelujah they aren't hemangiomas!  The hemangioma on her side is/will get bigger and actually has a blue "bruise" under it now.  Dr. Russell said it wasn't worth putting her through the laser treatments just yet with everything else she has going on.  It will get worse, but unless it is causing a problem, he did not recommend treating it yet.  And it should go away on its own eventually.  

She has a slight case of torticollis.  You can click on the word/link, but its sort of like a prolonged crick in the neck.  Her neck muscles have tightened to where she "prefers" to lay on one side of her head (see pic again).  Even if I roll and prop her on the other side, she will maneuver back to the right side.  So we are suppose to start neck massages and movement techniques to loosen the neck muscles.  I told you she was high maintenance, right?  Youngest person I know who gets neck massages.  Lucky girl.  ;)



She weighs 7 lbs and Dr. Russell was happy with the weight gain!  Keep it up momma.

Bad news is she got her first set of shots.  Poor baby got stuck 4 times!!!! She's been a bit cranky(er) for 2 days.  

Matt took her cardiology records to a new cardiologist FINALLY- so we are waiting to hear what he says.  We imagine he will probably agree/say same thing that the past cardiologist says, but I'm hoping he will take her as a new patient and we can just start dealing with him instead of Dr.I-Have-No-Bedside-Manner. 

And I have made it my mission this week to Clean.My.House.  And I mean C.L.E.A.N. it.  I am doing 1-2 rooms at a time.   While I was in the kitchen, I hear Mattox say "This book? O-tay."  I look up and he is showing Merritt a book and he proceeds to sit down in front of her and starts reading to her.  Be.Still.My.Heart.   I knew it wouldn't last long, so I grabbed my phone as fast as I could and zoomed it into the living room - so it is an AWFUL picture, but one of the sweetest moments!  Mattox is a sweetheart to her.  He is going to be a great big brother!  Don't get me wrong - he certainly lives up to the definition of "little brother" too.  He LOVES to mess with Mati Claire (and most of the time I think its funny because she deserves it).  But if she is at school, he is a sweetheart and a little angel.  Again, horrible quality of a picture, but pure sweetness:


"I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing."  Ezekiel 34:26

post signature

1 comment:

Kyla Curtis said...

Hi thanks for sharing tthis