Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Foreign Language

I am learning new words every day around here - baby talk - but also BOY talk. We got this book as a baby gift when he was born, but since it was above his reading level we just started using it. And I am treading on new ground...I have NO idea what an excavator is. Or a wheel-loader. Or an off-highway truck. After reading the 3rd sentence, I was a little blown away. Couldn't even finish it. "Lower the tractor blade down to the ground and start dozing that dirt." Ok, as a mommy of girl first, I try to stay away from dirt and blades in general. Now, I'm telling my child its okay to play in dirt??? Well, MC never liked the dirt anyway. We are throwing words around here like "tyrannosaurus" "pee pee tee-pee" "toilet guards" "wenis" and now "excavator"... seriously, this is foreign to me.






5 comments:

Erin said...

You need Hayes. He can explain it all.

Pamela said...

Yea, Murphy is available for tutoring anytime:) Construction vehicles or anything is his thing...I tried to make him like trains and other stuff...but it didn't work. He's obsessed.

Anonymous said...

HA!!!! I spent my morning at the lake with a net and minnow bucket catching minnows for Walker. NEVER in a million years would I have thought I would be doing that but for him I will do anything :) It's so funny how much a little boy changes things :)

Red Blogger said...

Nice blog. Sorry to but in. Just looking for inspiration and visitors to my blog !

hapi said...

Hi Carrie, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!