Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Monday, August 4, 2008

Vacation Bummer


Again...this is why we wear hats! :) She cracks me up. Needless to say we got our hair washed right after this so we could run errands. Matt keeps telling me that it's okay to go somewhere while her hair is sticking up. Then I would be "that mother." I think the picture says enough!

We went to Eagle Lake Saturday to a friend's lakehouse. We had a good time but it was SO HOT! MC didn't like the kiddie pool, but loved playing with all the other kiddies! We came home and hung out at the pool while Matt went to north MS to visit his grandfather. MC finally warmed up to the pool...maybe because Aunt Miranda and Rachel Mac were there. We didn't get to go to Geyser Falls Friday because of the rain. It hailed so bad Sat night that I thought our roof was going to come off or have broken windows.

Let's add roaches to the list of rodents and insects. We've caught 2 mice so far this week in the attic! hahaha! No one is ever going to come over now that I've mentioned all the pests! hahahaha! Trust me we are taking care of it...even down to the mosquitos! :)

The week of no pacifier was getting worse when I realized MC is getting another tooth! I'm a horrible mother for taking away her security when she's in pain. She has 6 teeth already and they have NEVER disturbed her sleep like these. She yelled out or woke up every 20 minutes and wasn't napping at all for 4 days. I felt like I had a newborn all over again. I kept telling myself it was just the pacifier or the lack thereof. I think we're in the clear now. Hallelujah!

Anyway, the week of vacation was filled with mostly rain, a high-tempered teething baby, and rodents! Matt and I are not used to being off on the same day, so our schedules clashed most of the week too. We each had our own idea of how we were going to spend our days off. Back to a normal week now!

3 comments:

雪枪枪 said...

How cute!!

Wilson said...

If you can get through a week of no pacifier, it's smooth sailing after that. She'll start sleeping again..I promise!

Jeanelle said...

I love that hair!