Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Monday, December 3, 2012

Turn your eyes

onto a 10 pound Mitt!!!!!  Ok I'll stop obsessing over her weight.  Our pediatrician said we need to work on better head control and sitting up skills.  So this little 10 pounder is getting lots of exercise lately.  Since its flu season, I try to limit her outings.  I haven't taken her to church, but heaven help me she went to her first Nutcracker performance! lol!  couldn't miss that!  And check out MC's old Christmas dress that FIT her somehow ?!? She is definitely playing catch up lately because she is still eating every 2-4 hours.  Needless to say I am exhausted.  I don't know how I found the time or energy to leave her for the first time so we could go to a New Orleans Saints game!  I needed a break and we had a great time (even though the Saints lost).  Merritt touched her belly for the first time...and I don't know why, but I found it odd.  Its like she noticed it for the first time and she grabs it alot now.  Weird to me.





Our first date in almost 5 months!
And because Sarah is the most awesome friend ever, we got to meet tobyMac!  The concert was awesome!! We got to see Mandisa (who we were most excited about), Brandon Heath, Group 1 Crew, Britt Nicole, Chris August, and Jamie Grace.  I won't post all the pics but we had a great time! It was a very intense and high energy concert = I'm not in my 20's anymore...but we hung in there! ;)

me, Tyanne, tobyMac, Sarah, and Jennifer

Mandisa
Group 1 Crew 


Every morning, I wake up singing a song in my head.  Sometimes its what I heard before I went to bed.  Sometimes its a popular song that the radio plays too much.  Sometimes its a song from an SNL skit the night before.  but yesterday, I woke up singing "Turn your eyes upon Jesus".  I can't remember the last time I heard it.  Months or maybe even a year.  We attend the contemporary service at church so we don't sing the old classics very much.  As I was having my morning prayer, I told God that it was an interesting song to put in my head.  To my surprise, we sang it in church later that same morning!!!!!!! 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

No comments: