Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend of Firsts











What a fun weekend! Mati Claire has been in the best mood the last few days and it has just been wonderful! That alone makes for a great weekend. We went to her friend Sam's 3rd birthday party Saturday. I called it our first successful birthday party. She DOVE into her first cupcake and barely got her hands dirty! Such a lady ;) Then she played on the playground and loved the slide (another first). Last summer, she just wasn't quite big enough and hadn't mastered the stairs to get to the slide. Or it was just too hot. I am SO looking forward to this summer and her next birthday party! Here are a few pictures of her first pig-tails too.


After the party, we all went to Jerry's to eat some "shish" (fish)! She ate 2 fried pickles! If only I had my camera then. Another first! I got to enjoy a girl's afternoon at Sarah's baby shower today. And we couldn't ask for more beautiful weather. Of course I broke a sweat chasing after our dog that got loose for the first time. Luckily our neighbor was able to catch her! Quoting a friend, we had a very full-cup weekend. Not much else going on...pictures speak for themselves!

6 comments:

Tyanne said...

I cannot tell you how honored I am that she ate that cupcake!! I seriously could not careless if anyone else ate one as long as she ate that cupcake!!!! I am emailing the shots I got now!!

Sweet T said...

Girl, she is rockin' those pigtails! Very cute!

Carrie said...

P.S. No, I do not keep my child in a bubble. This was her first cupcake by her choice! I have offered many a time with no luck. And yes, she's been to a playground before but always sticks to my leg and wasn't old enough to really "play."

P.S. This is Jack with his clothes on!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!! :)

Wilson said...

Looks like she had a great time. So glad she enjoyed herself.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pigtails!

Jeanelle said...

Those pig tails!!!! OMG! So cute!