Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Date with Poppy

My Dad ("Poppy") came down to visit for a few days this past week. MC loved it! She's really starting to try new things, especially food. Finally. She's definitely making baby steps in progress. I'm excited because meal time is not a war lately.

She has new words that are oh so precious. For over a week, I've heard "ack." I had no idea and kept asking her to show me or point to 'ack'. I was checking Carly's blog, and from behind my chair, she said "JACK!" Then Nana (Matt's mom) keeps her up to date with their family dog, Oscar. "ocar" is now a commonly used name for all dogs. Even Koda is "ocar." She sees a camera, and says "eeeesse!" And my niece, Kennedy, is called "inny or kenny." So sweet. I wish I could just freeze time and never let her grow up. She wanted to sit in Poppy's lap (while wearing her hat) and reminisce of her first year of life. She was in amazement and kept saying "wow!" and "oh!" pointing to pictures. It was so funny we had to take a picture:



Welcome tooth #15! Finally. The other should be here in the next few days! I mentioned on Facebook, that I could never be a kindergarten teacher. I kept the 2 year olds in the nursery this past Sunday. ELEVEN two-year olds (only 2 of which were girls)! It was an experience different than the 3/4 year olds. And a BIG reminder to use birth control! ha! Matt reminds me that if we have another child, they won't both be 2 years old at the same time. My sister says I "missed the window" and now I'm just too comfortable.

I've been toying with the idea of chopping my hair. Matt of course does NOT like my hair short. Period. He says I won't like it and that I won't be able to 'carry it off' (probably b/c I don't like "fixing" it. If it involves hairspray, forget it. No time. This coming from someone who turned down money to grow his fro out. What do you think? I am such a chicken. This is the picture that caught my attention (Katie Holmes on the left of each):
Tom Cruise is okay with it! :) hahahahaha!

2 comments:

Sweet T said...

I love that haircut, and it would be very cute on you. It will take some work, but I say, go for it!

Carly Winborne said...

oh, please please please do that katie holmes hair cut! then go get yourself a chi straightner and you're set. you would be gorgeous with this haircut! perfect for spring and summer. do it.