Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Friday, June 22, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Baby things.  And I'm not talking about my favorite diaper cream or brand of diapers.  If you know me... then you know I like to shop!  And nothing makes me feel better than a splurge!  When it comes to babies... the stuff is just too darn cute to pass up.  


Most of these items were gifts, but I've added a few new things to show you.  What do you get a baby that will have everything handed down to her from big sis?  What do you get a baby that will stay in the NICU for awhile?  Lets take a look:

I am in love.  Check out the "Toe Blooms" with my diaper covers! 

Apple Annies in Brandon, MS has done all 3 of my hospital door signs.  This one is my favorite.  I took a piece of her bedding to the store and she painted it to match.  Mom will take it back the day I have her and they finish it with date/weight/length measurements.  Love. 

I found these when Mattox was born.  He is spoiled rotten.  They are so soft and cuddly without over-doing it.  My favorite crib sheets ever and worth every penny.  Mattox has blue and brown and loves them!

Come to momma!  Yes, that's a diaper bag.  Call me crazy.  Whatever.  I love it and it makes me happy. 

I am not showing you her hats.  A girl has to keep a few secrets and surprises in her back pocket.  This baby will be a diva no doubt.  She's already mastered the drama to go with it.     

Thank you Pamela for more must-haves!  Love love love!

So after a horrible day today (got a ticket for "ignoring a traffic device" that I did not see...clearly), I came home to a few baby gifts that put a smile on my face! 


And the sonographer has a new nickname for her:  Alvin.  "She's got some jaws!"  (insert a strong southern accent and draw the word jaws into 2 or 3 syllables).   I made the comment that she must be packing some nuts because she has some cheeks!  As in Alvin and the Chipmunks.  We shall see how true she rings though.  
post signature

1 comment:

Pamela said...

So honored that our gift made your favorite list!! haha. LOVE the bag (so happy it is out of the closet now :)) hee hee