Home About Us Merritt's story Omphalocele Contact Me

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bah Humbug


Note to self: don't ever try to change or upgrade your blog while your 17 month old is awake. If I forgot anyone on my blog list, I sincerely apologize and hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive me (for I have no brain cells left) and remind me. In the midst of changing diapers, checking temperatures, and dealing with a fussy teething baby, I accidentally deleted a few things from my blog (specifically the blog list).


Note to self: don't ever go on vacation right before a major holiday. Obviously we didn't learn our lesson 2 years ago when we went to Hawaii 2 weeks before Christmas. BIG mistake. Being gone for 4 days before Thanksgiving then returning to a house FULL of company for a week then working 2 days in a row...BIG mistake. And leaving again in 2 weeks. Too much stress.


Matt and I are starting our diet tomorrow. That's probably another "note to self" - don't ever start a diet in the holiday season. Ha! I probably wouldn't be doing it if he wasn't helping me. Before when I dieted after having MC, I would have to prepare 3 separate meals: 1 for me, 1 for Matt, and 1 for MC. That's ridiculous!


Posted a pic of Santa's little helper! Note to self: don't even bother putting up a tree when you have 17 month old. Bah-humbug!!!!!!! ;)
Thank you Mom, Dad, and Heather for helping me clean and decorate the house! Although neighbors, just look the other way as you drive by because the outside is only half-way done...and I don't see it finished in the next few days. Can anyone tell how tired I am???

2 comments:

Wilson said...

Bless your heart. I know all about being tired. Isn't amazing how you come back from vacation and need a vacation to recover from your vacation? Hope you get some rest.

picturesofhisgrace said...

I feel like I have been running since school started back, so Thanksgiving holidays were needed to slow down and rest a little. Hope you find some time to rest! The decorations can wait a few days! We have a Christmas tree, but it's not decorated yet!